Capturing my thoughts
..:: I left my heart in Israel ::..
Israel Experience 2005[Day 7 - 20th June 2005]
The day started real early! We're awake by 4.30AM, all because we wanted to catch the sunrise in the desert!!! I love sunrises!!! It's not as if I never seen one before...i seen them from the beaches of East Coast and Sentosa, but to see it in a desert??? I just couldn't miss it! Sunrise is a beautiful sight!

Here's the place where we are waiting for the sunrise...look at the morning sky! It's already so bright, even at 4.30AM!!!


Meanwhile, we're posing and taking some pictures!!!


oh!!! It's rising, it's rising!!!


It's still rising...almost up!


It's finally out?! Yeah! It's 5.50AM!! We have waited more than an hour to catch this moment...hmm...


And there it is!!! I think it's about 6.30AM...haha...


Hi people, here's the super-duper hyperactive dog you could ever find in a desert! It's so playful!!!!


And here's the hungry camels from the Bedouin Camp...I think they are real happy, to have so many people feeding them branches of leaves...on the other hand...poor trees...


Hohoho...interesting finding! It's a man-made natural looking tap! Er...yeah!


We're now leaving the camp towards the "highlight" of the day - MASADA!


And here we are...climbing up to get to the top is actually not that scary after all...it's the latter one that is...


We have made it thus far...look at the snaky trail...


Phew~~ We had finally made it to the top! Let us rest first...haha...before we go on further...


Wah! Magnificient view from the top!


This is the model of the fortress at MASADA!


while this is the remnants of the fortress! How amazing!


And we are now going down MASADA via the Snake Path...It's 440m above sea level! So we have 1 hour of walking down ahead of us...


See that building right there at the middle right-hand corner of the picture? That is our "Promised Land"!!!


My gosh! Think we should be there soon...Look how far we have come!


MASADA...what an experience. Karen and I will NEVER forget that place....right?


We're at our next destination for the day - Ein Gedi. See the caves? Here is where King David hid in when he was running away from Saul who tried to kill him.


See that animal? Its an animal..haha..dun really know what it's called..."Hare", it's umm..half-rabbit and half-forgot...haha....Karen, you remember?


We had a fruitful day at Ein-Gedi, given that we are able to see the 2 animals that populate the place...and these animals are rarely seen worz...especially the Ibex in the pictures..coz they are very shy animals and afraid of Man...
4:11 PM